Sunday, March 6, 2011

SMASH BURGER (pre review)


Well, this has become a rather interesting assignment in that it is not entirely under my control anymore. Since I’m quite literally sans any money at the moment, I’ve decided to go with the family out to eat, because they are close by, and willing to pay my way. However, because this is now a full family event, where we go is no longer exactly under my control or choice, despite assignment. And so, it seems we’re to head to a burger joint tonight, called simply Smash Burger.
            Now don’t get me wrong here, I’m quite grateful that my family is willing to help out with the assignment, and without them it really wouldn’t be possible. But a burger joint isn’t exactly a view into another culture, or anything much new ya know?
            Now on the upside, I did get them to pick somewhere none of us have ever been. Smash Burger, has rested along out west main near a restaurant known as the Hanger, for a while. I have admittedly been quite curious, as it’s quite hard to miss a name like that. In all honesty, I’m actually rather looking forward to this now.
            I am, and have always, loved burgers. I can’t, and won’t claim to be an expert on them, but I enjoy them quite often, and as such, I truly am rather eager to see if Smash Burger’s burgers are good. I’ve held back from looking anything up yet, I want to go in not knowing what to expect.
            Burger joints are often places of convenience, where you go in, get your food and get out, or eat in. But the food often suffers for this, as places like burger king and McDonalds can attest to. However, there is a place for the burger joint in the restaurant world beyond simple convenience. Places like Steak&Shake are still fast food places, but give a little more respect to the burgers they serve. The end result is food that actually tastes like a burger, something McDonalds has yet to achieve for me. So one of the big questions here will be, is this going to be purely a fast food place, or will Smash Burger be able to offer up more then just convenience?
            I will of course have to sample the burger and whatever else may be interesting on the menu. An upside to going with the family now, or at least my father and sister (my mom detests fast food), is that I will be able to get a wider view of the menu from what they decide to get. In the end, we’ll just have to see if Smash Burger lives up to my expectations of it, and that it won’t be just another fast food joint.

No comments:

Post a Comment