So looking back now on the whole event, I think Smash Burger at least managed to meet my own personally expectations of it. It was by no means the best burgers I have ever had, but truly my expectations going in where simply that it would hopefully be better then other fast food places such as McDonalds. In this regard Smash Burger didn’t disappoint at all, in fact it was quite good. I found Smash Burger to be a better option in quality, taste (blessedly lacking grease) and general atmosphere then regular fast food places.
Other then that, I really didn’t think too much else of Smash Burger. It was good for it’s burgers, but nothing much else really stood out about it. Perhaps this is the only bit of disappointment I have after eating there. With a name like Smash Burger, one expects it to be a lot livelier place then it is. In the end, it is really just an above average burger joint with an interesting name.
Between class discussion of other reviews, and some deep thought of my own, my idea of an authentic experience has changed a fair bit. Smash Burger itself didn’t really change much, but having talked in class, I really came to the conclusion that Authentic anything, is much like beauty, it’s in the eye of the beholder. In less metaphorical terms, this means that what makes some Authentic or not rests entirely with the opinions of who you are asking. This rather suits me though, as I think a lot of things in life are simply a matter of perspective.
On a last note, I would whole-heartedly suggest checking out Smash Burger sometime when you get the chance. It’s a fairly cheep (at least by my standards) burger place, and it’s got some rather unique options. I thoroughly enjoyed eating there, so I would definitely suggest it to any others who want to give it a try.
No comments:
Post a Comment